Here is a short quick post of a lunch I made that is so tasty. I took a page from an old well known sandwich. The cucumber and cream cheese tea sandwiches. But I wanted more veggies and substance to my sandwich.
This is a, healthy, low fat, low sodium, vegetarian meal, and can be made gluten free with gluten free wraps.
I added Salami to H’s wraps and so it can be made non vegetarian if you choose as well.
Yield 2 sandwiches
- 1 wrap of your choosing ( I used Sun Dried Tomato Basil wraps)
- 1 carrot shaved (using a peeler)
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced into strips
- 2 tbs of cream cheese
- pickled onions to taste
- 3 Small leaves romaine lettuce
- lay out the wrap, spread the cream cheese in a line on the wrap.
- shingle the cucumbers on the cream cheese
- add the rest of the veggies
- spread a small amount of cream cheese on the end of the wrap where it will overlap and touch the outer part of the wrap, and will stay shut.
- cut in half and enjoy
Stats: this is for one wrap without any cold cuts
Calories 341, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 4 g, Carbs 49.5 g, Sodium 1016.5 mg, Protein 7.8 g
Today’s lunch was great. It was deeply satisfying and refreshing. I hope you get a chance to try this out. I enjoyed it, H enjoyed it, and my kids who ate some of mine enjoyed the sandwich.
As always thanks for reading. If you liked it, hit the like button, please subscribe, and if you get a chance to try it please let me know in a comment. Or just comment if you like.
Don’t Photo Edit, Just Go Get It. Reach for your goals!