I had an early morning. I woke at 4:30 am, and had a fru fru coffee, but forgot to eat breakfast. So I was pretty hungry getting home.
I decided to make a poke bowl for lunch. I took a short cut and bought pre poached shrimp from the super market. I had rice cooked from dinner last night. Chopped up some veggies, shredded a carrot, and made a simple sriracha mayo.
It turned out fantastic. It was so delicious, and I only used half of the sauce mixtures. This is a great lunch with a rainbow of colors and flavors. This dish has lots of vitamins, gluten free, and great source of protein.
I have noticed the poke bowl has become a thing. At least in America. However, this is something I would eat normally. I have also done this with just some eggs, or egg whites.
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1/3 of a cucumber sliced
- 1 green onion sliced on a bias
- 5 poached shrimp or about 3 oz
- 1/2 cup of sweet peppers sliced
- 1 cup of spinach
Directions: Makes 1 serving
- Cook the rice per instructions on the package
- Shred one carrot
- Slice up 1/3 of a cucumber
- Cut up 1 green onion, and sweet peppers
- Add spinach to rice in bowl, add all other veggies.
- Poaching shrimp – Clean and de-vein shrimp, in a pot of boiling water add salt enough so that you can taste the salt and it tastes like the ocean. Add shrimp and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes depending on size of your shrimp. Transfer to an ice bath to stop cooking.
- Place shrimp on your veggies.
Ingredients Directions Sauce: Makes 2 servings
- 1 tbs of mayo
- 1 tbs of sriracha ( go less if you like less spicy)
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- mix all above together and top on the poke bowl.
Stats just for rice veggies and shrimp
Calories 500, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Carbs 85.9 g, Sodium 1515.5 mg,
Protein 27.6 g
Stats for sauce
Calories 105, Fat 16g, Fiber 0g, Carbs 3g, Sodium 370mg, Protein 3g
I hope you all get a chance to try this. It is delicious. You can opt not to use the mayo, and just put some wasabi and soy sauce on it. That would be delicious too. You can also make this vegan by removing the shrimp and mayo.
Let me know what you think. Thank you for reading this. As always keep working to be the best you that you can be. My respects to you and yours.