This week in keeping up the workouts and martial arts has been surreal, and just as crazy. I have come up against some other hurdles to keeping my schedule. I am so tired of this pandemic messing up my routine.
What you may ask can be causing you to have troubles getting your booty into gear?
- Weather– its been alternately cold and rainy to 80 degree F days here. On the rainy days I have to wait till there is a break in the weather to go out.
- Husband, and children – various needs of my family, and making me tired and just want to be lazy.
- Missing my gym/classes being scheduled so I just show up and we work. I miss my gym Muay Thai and Kali classes. I could just show up and do my workout. Even if I was having a shitty day, by the time I got there I was there. Might as well just do it. Even if I was tired and not feeling it.
- Husband deciding not to go do a workout with you, makes it harder to make (at least for me) myself get my booty in gear.
Tuesday 03/24/2020: 1 hour – 1 mile run, Muay Thai
Workout: 1 hour of Interval run, and Muay Thai training.
I am not feeling it today. I made myself get up and go do the workout. But PMS is rearing it’s ugly head. Kids have been on my last nerve, fussing at me about just anything.
We worked on:
1) Jab, cross , lead hook, uppercut, cut stem knee.
2) Jab, jab, cross, long lead hook, rear kick
3) Jab, cross, rear upper cut, lead uppercut
4) Jab, cross, lead hook, rear uppercut
I did not want to do it but I did it. I am tired and been up since 3:30 am and had to go to work at the Bakery. But there you go. Sometimes I just do what I can and that has to be enough.
Thursday 03/26/2020: 1 hour and 20 mins – 1 mile run, Muay Thai
Workout: 1 hour and 20 minutes. We did an interval run 2 min run / 1 min walk. Took the kids to run with us.
Then practiced Muay Thai.
1) jab, cross, lead hook, upper cut, upper cut
2) jab, cross, lead head hook, rear body hook
3) jab, cross, uppercut, lead knee
4) jab, cross, lead head hook, rear body hook, c step out to rear knee
5) elbows and knee burn out
Whew I am tired.
Saturday 03/28/2020: 40 min – 1 mile run, Quad Band Workout
Workout: 40 minute workout 1 mile run and glute band workout.
I took advantage of the lull in the weather to go run it was beautiful. Not many people out.
Then I did a glute band workout:
All of these can be done without a glute band but the glute band makes it more challenging.
I did 4 exercises trying to get 15 reps each set and a total of 3 sets per exercise. I did it in a superset so no rest between each exercise doing all 4 before a 30 second rest.
1) single leg dead lifts 15 each leg: 15L,15R 15L,15R 15L,15R
2) on elbow plank kick backs 15 each leg: 15L,15R 10L,10R 10L,10R
3) fire hydrants 15 each leg: 15L,15R 15L,15R 15L,15R
4) donkey kicks 15 each leg: 15L,15R 15L,15R 10L,10R
Whew! I am tired. H did not want to come with so I did it on my own.
“She is poise she is grace” she so red in the face after workout. That is a sexay look.
So there you have it. I only got 3 workout days in. I was lazy on some days. Other days the weather was not working with me. Then family was wearing me out. I hate to have excuses, but that is what happened.
“We exert so much energy into fear of failure and then beating ourselves up when it happens that we have no energy left to be resilient. “The Resilience Breakthrough: 27 Tools for Turning Adversity into Action by Christian Moore
This quote rang true for me. I compare, and chastise myself when I don’t add up.
I need to have the ability to see where I am at and to forgive myself if I fail or fall back. Sigh, I just want to keep up my training.
I am so happy that we did our level 1 test in Muay Thai before this. We, me, my husband, teammate, were talking about it. If I had to try to keep up our conditioning during this time it would be near impossible.
Anyway thanks for reading. Please keep safe. Keep disinfecting yourself and your family. Please feel free to subscribe, and comment if you want.