While I can get the produce I will keep trying to get produce. My family and I love it. Yup you read that right. My kids both, 10, and 11 years old love this wrap. They love the veggies I give them, and will eat it.
I know I am lucky, but it is partially well mostly not luck. I have feed them veggies since they were little and only asked them to try them out. Saying, “I know that you may not like them. Not everyone likes everything, but at least try them out and see.” This got them to be willing to try, even if they don’t like them. =)
But that is beside the point of this blog post. If you are here for the tip here it is:
Freeze berries that are about to go off. For instance, these strawberries.
They were not the best looking, I washed them placed them in a ziploc bag laid them flat and then put them in the freezer. It will stop the aging process and then you can use them in baked goods, or even frozen beverages. Like a smoothie, or even adult ones like a margarita. I don’t drink but I have many friends that do. =)
Bananas we as a family prefer our bananas with slightly green tops to them, so when they get to the very brown spotty stage no one will eat them. I peel them and freeze them so that we can use them in banana muffins, bread, protein drinks and smoothies.
You can of course do this with other fruits, like apples, other berries, and veggies.
Potatoes you can dice them up, par boil them and then freeze them. Then use them in a soup, side dish mashed potatoes, or morning hash.
Enough of that prattling on, here is what I did for the egg sandwich wrap.
This is an easy very minimal cooking lunch/breakfast type of meal. Full of protein, fiber, some fat, and great raw nutrients.
- Low Fat
- High Protein
- Can be gluten free, depending on the wrap you use
Egg Veggie Wrap
- 2 eggs scrambled, I often do it with egg whites
- Slice up any vegetable you like, I used, cucumber, bell peppers, spinach, red onion, tomato
- Jarred jalapeno, this gives a little salty spicy flavor burst.
- Jalapeno Jack cheese (this is optional but is a great way to add a little more fat to the meal)
- A wrap of some sort. Tortilla, or this was a sun dried tomato wrap (I found them in the tortilla section of my local store)
- cook the eggs in a scramble, when eggs are done place cheese over them to let it melt.
- slice veggies
- place wrap down, add egg, veggies, jalapeno
- fold over sides of wrap, tuck up bottom of wrap (or edge closest to your torso), and roll over.
Calories 508, Fat 23.8 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Carbs 48.2 g, Sodium 990 mg,
Protein 29.9 g
That is all she wrote folks. I hope this helps you come up with some healthy meal ideas. I hope the tips help you when dealing with product that might be going bad soon. Keep working to make yourself better. Keep trying to eat well and treat your body right.
During this pandemic, you can stay away from the highly processed food, with some tips and tricks to help you along the way.
Thanks for reading. Have a great day, and be kind to yourselves and others. This is a time of upheaval, and turmoil.