55 minute workout… This is the weight lifting workout that I am doing for this week. Today I had to work in the morning. I ate breakfast but did not get out of work till 1 pm. I went directly to the gym, and missed eating lunch. I could feel it. My body was tired and pulling at reserves. I don’t like feeling that way in my workout. It feels like I am running out of steam, my muscles are fighting to do what I ask. So I will endeavor not to do that again, after I got done at the gym, I went and got a snack for lunch (a small 1/2 cup salad from my grocery store), then had to go get my husband from the metro.
So here I am. We just ate dinner, and I am feeling better. I got my workout in and everything is good.
This week and last week have been a bit of a challenge. My birthday was last week, my baby girl had a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. This has made training a little crazy. But I got it in, and she is doing well. Healing every day and feeling much better. I am happy about all of this.
Here is my workout:
- I started with an 20 min run. I ended up getting a 12.20 minute mile today. Not my best but not the worst either.
Weightlifting: 35 minutes
This workout was done in as a superset. (A superset is when you do two exercises together without a break in between them. There is typically a short 10 to 20 second break between the sets of two exercises before you start a second, or third set.)
- Reverse lunge and press – 20 lbs dumbbells each hand, reps – 10,10,10
- Push ups reps – 3 sets of 20 each
- Pike crunch reps- 25, 25, 25
- Flutter kicks reps- 3 sets of 30 seconds as many as you can
- Bent over rows 30 lbs each hand reps- 10, 10, 10
- Good mornings 45 lbs Olympic bar reps- 10, 10, 10
- Dead Lifts 135 lbs reps- 10, 8, 6
Thank you for reading. Have a great day! Keep working to be the best you that you can be. Respect to you.