28 minute workout…Well it’s been two weeks. I am still congested and coughing but I could not wait any longer to get into the gym. We are at the Hershey Resort. I almost canceled due to us all being sick. However we all seemed to take a turn for the better. So we decided to go.
So today I decided go work out but to listen to my body. I am still getting rid of the junk in my head. I have finished the antibiotics and other than the congestion feel over all ok.
I started out with a steady state run then did a HIIT weight lifting routine. I did a warm up walk 2 minutes, then ran out 10 minutes steady state till my congestion caught up to me, then cool down for 1 minute. Then followed up with a 15 minute weight lifting routine. Enough gabbing here is the workout.
- 13 minute run, 2 min warm up, 10 min run, 1 min cool down.
Weight lifting: do each exercise I time through. Rest 45 seconds the repeat for a total of 3 times.
- Press and reverse lunge 2x 20 lb dumbbells held above head. Do this for 1 minute.
- Rest 15 seconds
- Bent over standing row 2x 20 lb dumbbells. Do exercises for 1 minute.
- Rest 15 seconds
- Lunge with bicep curls 2x 15 lb dumbbells. Do for 1 minute.
- Side lunge with front lift 1x 10lb dumbbell. Hold one dumbbell with both hands and lunge lift dumbbell as you lunge. Do exercise for 1 minute.
- Rest for 45 seconds and
So over all today’s workout was great. I loved being back in the gym. I listened to my body and the congestion. My muscles performed as I hoped. Breakfast was great and super healthy. I will write more about food later.
Don’t think you have to stop your workout routine just cause you are on vacation or holiday. Most places have a fantastic gym available. But even if they don’t you can do calisthenics in your hotel and room and core workouts. I will write about a core workout I am going to do in room soon.
Now we are going to go to the amusement park and walk for miles and just enjoy each other’s company. The kids are ready and raring to go ride some rides. I hope you have a great day! Thanks for reading.