Fuel Yourself: Vegetable and Turkey Hash
Meal prepping can get boring after a while. Now that everyone is in the house, my meal prepping has changed. Instead of individual bowls, I now make piles of food, for myself and H to dip into for our healthy lunches.
I have done everything from, wraps, tacos, burrito bowls, bulgogi bowls, fish veggies and rice, and of course the standard chicken rice and broccoli. So I have been looking for things I can make that are packed with nutrient dense protein and veggies, but of course has to taste amazing.
So I came up with this vegetable and turkey hash. It packed with, roasted sweet potato, roasted butternut squash, sauteed zucchini and yellow squash, ground turkey, shredded carrot, and green onion. It is full of flavor and nutrition.
This is a healthy, nutrient dense dish that is full of fiber, can be vegetarian you can substitute tofu for the turkey, it is low in fat, and so so so tasty.
Yields lunch ~ 8 servings
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 2 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 4 zucchini diced
- 3 yellow squash diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 lbs of ground turkey
- 2 tbls of Umami Mushroom seasoning from Trader Joes
- 1 tbls of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 4 tbls of veggie oil
- shredded carrot to taste
- 1/2 green onion or to taste
Set oven to 400 F
- Toss the butternut squash and some onion in oil, with salt and pepper. Place in 1/2 a pan. Toss the sweet potato and some onion in oil, with salt and pepper. Bake in an 400 F oven for about 20 minutes
- Saute onion, zucchini, yellow squash, in oil, add salt and pepper, cook till done.
- Using the same pan as the zucchini saute the ground turkey, umami seasoning, salt and pepper till cooked through.
- Place roasted veggies, zucchini mixture, turkey, carrots, and sliced green onion in a bowl. Enjoy!
One bowl was ~, 130 g squash, 106 g sweet potato, 190 g zucchini mix, 124 g ground turkey, 22 g carrots, and 1/2 green onion.
Calories 630, Fat 36.8 g, Fiber 11.5 g, Carbs 49.2 g, Sodium 965.5 mg, Protein 30.3 g
Thank you for reading. If you have a chance to try this recipe let me know what you think. I would love to hear it.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend. If you liked this blog let me know by hitting the like button. If you want to read more subscribe. You can see day to day things on my instagram @cakesplosion .
As always Don’t Photo Edit Just Go Get It!