As I have said before eat the rainbow. It is a great way to get your vitamins and nutrients in.
I thought about whether to show this, as it is not exactly “instagram pretty”. Its a cross between a hummus and a guacamole. You can add any spices you want to it to season to taste. Some of the things I have done with this is, lemon juice, onions, cayenne, garlic, and jalapenos.
Today what I made was canned garbanzo beans, avocado, tomato, pickle juice in absence of lemon, and chopped dill pickles. I stuffed that into a pita and added fresh veggies, and it was oh so good.
Tastey Guammus Recipe
- 1 whole pita
- 1/2 avocado smashed
- 1/2 or euro 4 oz cup of garbanzo beans canned smashed
- 6 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 1/2 tbs or euro 30 mls of pickle juice or more to taste
- 8 slices of dill pickles chopped up or sweet and spicy pickles would be good too
- Veggies of your choice sliced up to stuff in pita ( I did cucumber, and bell pepper, cause that is what I had)
- seasoning to taste
- cut the pita in half
- prepare the guammus, in a bowl smash the garbanzo beans and avocado together. I did not have lemon juice so I substituted pickle juice for the acid component.
- Chop up the pickles, and tomatoes adding them to the guammus mixture.
- stuff guammus into the pita, and add veggies
- sit in a sunny area and enjoy your tasty guammus sandwich.
Calories 417, Fat 15.9 g, Fiber 17.9 g, Carbs 60.1 g, Sodium 742 mg, Protein 14.3 g
Just think the colors in your veggies are the sun trapped and transformed to make a nutrient dense lunch for you. =)
Thank you for reading again. I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it. Let me know what you think.