Saturday, 7/27/2019 Day 4
Steps – 31,935
Calories – 5,337
Active minutes – 394
I finally made it to day 4. I was only able to due this with friends and family supporting me. Every night after a day at camp. We would shower, talk, and I would pass out. Then get up and do it again. I was worried I would not make it this far. I was told there were some people who could not do 4 days. This was an amazing adventure, and I am so much the better for it.
This day my body was tired but kinda resigned to the process. It seemed my body just said ahh well I guess we are doing this again.
Looking back on this day, it was amazing. I got to work some of the most inspiring people in the martial arts.
And while I am finishing this post 5 months later. I wanted to finish this post before the new year. Man did I cut that close.
Total for this whole 4 day period of time we did: 250 rounds, 7500 knees
That is mind boggling. 250 rounds, and 7500 knees!
Having a post take this long is good on some level. I can focus on the highlights of the last day, of the entire camp itself. I don’t have this swirling whirlwind of emotions, thoughts, ideas, and everything just trying to shoulder each other out of the way to get down on the page. I have a bit of clarity. =)
- I got to work with masters of the martial art I love Muay Thai. Who are also masters of other martial arts as well.
- Ajarn Chai ( Surachai Sirisute )
- Ajarn Parker
- Ajarn Greg Nelson
- Kru Aron (Juice)
- Khun Kru Carro
- Khun Kru Elise
- Khun Kru Krysta (my trainer/coach)
- Nichole G.
- Kru John H.
- Khun Kru Sonya Y.
- Many more I cannot remember, and all part of my tribe now, my extended family. If I did not get an Title (Ajarn, Kru, Khun Kru) correct please let me know I will make the change.
- 1 week of Muay Thai training. It is amazing what you learn just dedicating your time all of your time to one thing. Normally we split it between our obligations, our jobs, our bills, and add training in too. You soak up the training like a sponge.
- This kind of good stress, good challenge, good push beyond your abilities, will show you what you are made of. It sounds cliche but it really will. It will ask you to go further than you have before, and you will decide in that instance to give up or continue. To pull from reserves of power, and will that you never though you would before.
- You get to see so many people who have the same love you do for the art. You get energized by their love, you get to make connections, and friends with people who dedicate themselves to what they love. That alone is in infectious.
- For me it was ground breaking. I got to see masters in their art. I got to get past a plateau I felt I was on. I pushed forward. I have made leaps and bounds in my art.
- Last but not least a dropping trousers story of my first Muay Thai camp. One of my now friends, a beautiful lady I met at the camp, whom I love and she is so supportive. Was asked to come up and test for her Khun Kru test, this is the test to go from Kru, to Khun Kru. In it you have to do the Wai Kru. You also have to have Thai shorts on. She did not, and she ran over and asked me to use my shorts. I was wearing workout tights under them. Without hesitation I dropped my shorts and handed them to her. She thanked me up and down. She was so grateful that I was able to help her in the last minute. I would do it again and again. I have grown to love this community, and this is what this community does for each other. We will help out when and where we can. We will do what we can for each other.
- Kick shield – knee – lean to avoid uppercut – knee – teep OR elbow 8 – 6
- Kick shield – knee – elbow 4
- Trigg 10
- If they go to your left, punch straight left
- If they go to your right, punch straight right
- If they cut in, left hook
- Dip and wipe
- Shovel hook cross hook (jab)
- Shovel hook hook cross
“In a stressful situation, you don’t rise to the highest level of your training, you fall to the lowest level of your mastery.”John Holt
So yeah… This is 5 months later. I had such an amazing adventure. This is the end of the year, and I look back on this amazing adventure. That I was asked to go to this camp is an amazing honor. I was able to attend Thai Camp in Oregon. This opportunity to learn from some of the best instructors/trainers/coaches ever.
I took time away from my family. I took time for myself. I learned so much about my art, I learned even more about myself.
I plan on going again this next year. I need to learn as much as I can, and I look forward to seeing friends, and team mates again.
Thank you for reading. I am sorry it took so long to get done. I have just had a lot of life happen between then and now like we all do. I did want to get it done before the new year. So yay I did it! Just one day away. I hope you all have a had a fantastic year. I hope the new year is what you all are looking forward to. Keep working hard, keep trying to be the best you can be. As always please feel free to ask questions.