If you have been anywhere in the metropolitan U.S. of A, you will notice that smoothie bowls are a thing. Especially in the summer when its hot and you don’t want to eat something hot. As fall is kicking in and its going to get colder and I don’t know about you but I will want less cold foods and more warm, or warming foods. But since it is still only the fall and summer is still holding on I thought I would post this.
Its easy peasy. Choose a frozen fruit you like, or a mix of them. Have frozen bananas on hand. And choose your toppings. For this one I chose nut and dried fruit mix for the healthy fats, a few dark chocolate chips to feel like I am getting a treat, desiccated coconut, and frozen raspberries.
You are going to blend the frozen fruits till you get tiny chunks of fruit. It kinda looks like confetti. It will look a little like this.
After you get the frozen fruit mix into tiny chunks, you add the liquid. Today I used soy milk and water. Blend again till smooth and you get something that looks like soft serve ice cream.
Tropical Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups of frozen fruit (this was a tropical fruit mix)
- 1 frozen banana
- 4 tbs of soy milk
- water as needed alternately you can use juice instead
- 2 x tbs Nut and fruit mix (I used planters NUT-rition)
- 1/4 frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp of dark chocolate chips
- 2 grams of desiccated coconut
- blend the frozen fruit till it is in small chunks
- add liquid and blend till smooth, add water if needed
- put the smoothie in a bowl and add toppings and enjoy.
Calories 426, Fat 11.71 g, Carbs 76.11 g, Protein 9.58 g, Fiber 10.93 g, Total Sugars 50.89 g, Sodium 59.36 mg
I hope you get a chance to try this on your own. Thanks for reading. My respect to you.