For those of you who are here for the recipes this is for you. =) It has a story that goes with it as well so bare with me.
This is Lobster Guacamole, and if you have been reading my blog you know I am heavily into martial arts. I do Muay Thai, and Kali mainly, but also work in JKC (Jeet Kun Do), Silat, and Krav. Well when we do JKD we learn new terms for the passing and trapping skills. One of those phrases is Lop Sau Gwa Choi.
My instructor said gua choi sounds like guacamole, and I said lop sau sounds like lobster. So we have a joke now about lobster guacamole. When we are working on lop sau gwa choi. We say lobster guacamole.
We celebrated her birthday yesterday and I made lobster guacamole for her. She really liked it and it made her laugh. That was all I wanted for her.
Anyway enough of the preamble… here is the recipe:
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 small diced red onion
- 1 tsp of granulated garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 x 1.33lb live lobster – (using pre cooked or frozen lobster is an option as well)
- 1 jalapeno diced + a few slices ( seeded to be milder, or leave seeds in for more heat)
- Humainly kill the lobster. Either place in freezer to make it go dormant and kill the brain, or place while lobster in boiling water.
- I tend to do the freezer method. It puts them in a dormant state and they fall asleep.
- Twist off the tail, twist off big claws and put entire lobster in boiling water. Boil lobster 7 minutes for first lb, and 3 minutes per additional lbs.
- When done shock in ice water, or cold water, to stop cooking.
- Remove lobster meat from tail, claws, and legs.
- cut up all produce and put in bowl
- squeeze lime onto produce
- Smash all ingredients together to make guacamole.
- Dice up lobster meat and mix in all but a tablespoon of the meat into the guacamole.
- Garnish with a twist of lime, extra lobster meat and extra jalapeno.
There you have it… its delicious. It is actually relativity healthy. Serve with chips or crackers or just put on rice cakes.
1/2 cup of guacamole is about 150 calories.
Thank you for reading. I hope you are having a great day. Keep being the best you that you can be. I hope you can try this recipe, and much respect to you and your family. Let me know what you think.
Lop Sau Gwa Choi – lobster guacamole