I am sorry I could not help myself. Really… baby shark doo doo doo doo doo doo… now its stuck in my head, and if you want to hear it, it is here. Baby Shark I have kids, and work with other peoples kids and so I am subject to these things. Now you are too… sorry not sorry. Bwahahah
I ordered some clothing from Gymshark, cause I wanted to know what all the hub bub was about. So many of the “influencers” are talking about it, reviewing it and giving them great reviews for the most part. I am always on the look out for good gym equipment and clothing.
This review is not sponsored at all. It is completely my opinion and I purchased these items with my own money.
Let me say first and foremost, I am very happy with the quality of the items. They are made well, and perform perfectly fine. I paired the pants and the shrug with a UnderArmour blue tank top.
I bought two items one a shrug, and a black pair of leggings.
Gymshark Geo Mesh leggings in black. Retail for $55.00. This is the Geo Mesh Leggings. I paid full price. I bought a Medium.
Gymshark Pro Perform Shrug in black. Retail for $25.00. This is the Pro Perform Shrug. I paid full price. I bought a Large.
Ok now that is out of the way, lets start with how it performed. I used both of these for Muay Thai, and Kali classes. This was two hours long. I then used another day for my HIIT run and weight lifting workout.
Pros for Geo Mesh Leggings:
- Very well made. No defects in the items I bought.
- The fabric is very nice.
- It feels like you are wearing nothing. The pants are so comfortable.
- Pretty Design
- Wicks away sweat
- Has a small pocket
- Great length for a short girl
Cons for Geo Mesh Leggings:
- Does not pass the squat test, will show underwear, slightly
- Not a lot of compression, I would say the compression was very light. I don’t know if that means I need to get a smaller size or its just these leggings.
- Fabric feels very thin. Compared to other brands, and that may lead to less compression.
Would I buy them again? No, I prefer more compression, I have HIIT workouts I do, and Muay Thai is a lot of burst activity and I like having more support.
Will I have them rotate in my gym wardrobe? Yes, they are comfortable and still function just not my favorite. I like them, but not the best in my opinion.
Pros for Pro Performance Shrug:
- Fit me and my larger shoulders
- Wicks sweat
- Very cute design. (Which is why I bought it)
- Great cover up but not to much to over heat you.
Cons for Pro Performance Shrug:
- Fabric was not what I was expecting. It was coarser than expected. It felt more like a wind breaker material.
- The arms were weirdly long.
Would I buy it again? Yes, I like the piece enough that if they had another color I would buy it again.
Will I have it rotate in my gym wardrobe? Yes, I think it is cute and it allows me to cover up, while working out.
So I wanted to see what the hype was about. I like the company, I like the clothes, are they my favorite. No but they are cute and will serve me well.
The shipping took about a week to get to me. They have to ship from over seas. It was shipped with UPS. Each item came in its own bag, and had a very nice high quality tag attached.
I may be ordering a different pair of leggings, from them. However, not this particular type.
Thanks for reading again, and have a great day.