30 Minute Leg Day Workout
My scoliosis pain is so bad this month. When one vertebrae goes out sometimes it causes a chain reaction of vertebrae and joints out of place. That is what has happened this month. I am trying to get ahead of it. I am still working out, but it hurts… the old me would not do anything when I hurt. If I stopped doing anything when my back hurt, I would have to stop everything I do and lay here like a lump on a log.
- 15 minute elliptical trainer (instead of run, to minimize impact on my back)
- Bulgarian split squats reps – 15 R, 15 L, 13 R, 13 L, 13 R, 13 L
- 3 minute Banded Monster walks – this exercise burns glutes, hamstrings, gluteus medius
- with a resistance band around lower legs/above ankles, feet shoulder width apart, squat and walk forward keeping knees over toes not to go over toes, keep a straight back and staying in a squat for entire exercise. Walk backwards when you get to end of the gym.
- 3 minute Banded Sideways walk – this exercise burns the gluteus medius
- with a resistance band around lower legs/above ankles, feet shoulder width apart, squat and take small steps keeping squat all the time.
- 3 minute leg lifts/ kick backs – this works the glutes, and vastas lateralis
- with the resistance band around lower legs/above angles, 1 minute of right hand lateral leg lifts, 1 minute of left handed lateral leg lifts, 1 minute of rear kick backs
So today I focused only on the legs and glutes. I avoided high impact workout, and worked around my neck.
I went to my chiropractor today and found I had my C1 and C2 were subluxated. Those vertebrae are also known as the atlas and axis respectively. They are at the top of the spine right under skull.
Keep working on what you can work on. Take the time you need, and sometimes pushing through is all you can do. Thank you for reading. My respects to you.