This is one of those weeks that I feel like a potato. Something round and undesirable. This particular feeling rears it’s ugly head often enough. It may be from salt, it could be because I am close to my period/monthly time (never been regular that did not change after hysterectomy due to a tumor), and or it could just be my brain weasels.
I wore my tank top that says Will Is A Skill, and it really is. I had to will myself to do my workout and to just keep at it. I have heard of other people having this problem.
So this is how I cope. I try different things…
- I try finding something that I like in the mirror. (that did not work today)
- I sometimes go to the sports store and find cute workout tights, bra or shirt, or all the above. (I did not do that today.)
- Sometimes I look up a different workout for me to try that day, it gives me something different to work on, and focuses my brain on the new thing. (I did not do that today.)
- I try to find a treat snack that makes me feel like I am getting a treat and not eating something horrible. (For instance banana, almond butter, and dark chocolate chips… I did not do that today.)
- Other days I just push myself through my workout. I make sure to push myself to get that extra rep in, or get that mile run under my normal time. ( Ding, ding, ding. I did this today. I get a satisfaction of completing a workout and the endorphins that come with it.)
I did the push myself through workout. While I am happy I completed the workout and got more reps in. I am still feeling meh. These coping mechanisms do not make the feeling go away entirely, they just let me continue my journey. I would feel entirely worse if I gave in to my mood and just gave up or did not do it. Anyway enough babbling.
My workout routine is Monday and Friday weight lifting and running, and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday – Muay Thai, Kali, Krav and Striking.
Here is my weight lifting workout for the week: 48 minutes (note: go at your own pace I put my weights down for my reference.)
- 22 minute run
- 50 prison squats
- 3 sets crush press x 10 reps at 50 lbs
- 3 sets of tricep extension x 8 reps at 25 lbs
- 3 sets of bulgarian split squats x 15 reps
- 3 sets of bench dumbell glute bridges x 10 reps at 30 lbs
Keep up being awesome, and keep going. Even when the mean brain weasels are out and about. Luckily today is one of those days where I don’t have the time to deal with those thoughts. I have had to work this morning, came home at 12 pm, home school my kids, get into the gym, make dinner , and now go to work again till about 10:30 pm tonight.
Thanks for reading. Here is a motivational poster that makes me giggle.
Grrrl clothing is fantastic and supports all girls of all sizes. Its workout clothing made by girls to help empower women. Who does not like a discount so they gave me a 20% off discount just for you my readers. Use this code: nom1yq8d