Pumpkin Pie Protein Waffle
Yup I did it. I made pumpkin pie flavored protein pancakes this morning. I have 2.5 to 3 hours of training to do today. So I needed a good breakfast that stuck with me. The best part is it was delicious.
This is both light and full of protein so that it will take longer to digest. Its so good, and my husband and kiddos said that the topping tastes like pumpkin pie.
I added whipped cream to my waffle, and made a pumpkin pie puree topping.
Pumpkin Pie Protein Waffles
Ingredients Batter: (yield 7 servings)
- 2 cups Birch Benders Protein Pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2 tbl veggie oil
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup of water
Ingredients Pumpkin Pie Topping: (yield 4 servings)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- cinnamon to taste
- pumpkin pie spice to taste
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- Mix 2 cups of Birch Benders mix, with oil, water, egg and pumpkin puree.
- Heat up your waffle iron, spray with pan spray
- Fill the waffle iron with 1/2 cup of mix
- Cook till done
Directions for topping:
- Mix together 1 cup of pumpkin puree, the spices, and the maple syrup.
Stats: For 1 waffle the recipe made 7 waffles.
155 calories, 5.4 g Fat, 1.14 g fiber, 16.28 g carbs, 183.71 mg salt, 10.3 g protein
Stats: For 1 servings topping
46 calories, 0 g fat, 2 g fiber, 11.7 g carbs, 3.4 mg sodium, 0.5 g protein
These were so tasty, low in fat, vegetarian, and very low in sugar.
I hope you get a chance to try these. It was a hit with the kiddos and husband. Let me know what you think if you get a chance to. I loved them. Thank you for reading, and keep trying to be the best you can be. My respects to you and your family.