Chicken Tortilla Soup
Want a quick easy soup that you can make for your family? Oh yeah anything quick and easy on a school night is the best.
Here you go. This was husband and kid approved. It was easy and I was able to set it and forget it till dinner time. This is great for the cooler weather when it is nice to have a hearty warm soup.
- 2 lbs of chicken breasts
- 2 cans of black beans rinsed
- 1 can of enchilada sauce
- 1 can of fire roasted green chilies
- 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 tbs of cumin
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- Frozen corn
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups of unsalted chicken stock
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- jalapeno sliced
- Saute onions in olive oil till translucent (if you have an InstaPot, you can do this in the pot, if you have a slow cooker sautee on the stove)
- In the InstaPot or Crock Pot – add diced garlic, add canned chilies, canned tomatoes, canned enchelada sauce, canned beans, chili powder, cumin, chicken stock, salt to taste.
- Add boneless skinless chicken into soup
- Settings for appliances:
- for crock pot set to high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours
- for an InstaPot set it to pressure, high, 9 minutes, and turn the valve to seal
- Once soup is done cooking, take out chicken and shredded chicken, add chicken back in and add frozen corn. Stir together.
- Top with toppings you like.
Two cups of this soup has about 260 calories, and 36 calories from fat. That of course is before you put the toppings on it.
I hope you like this recipe. Let me know if you get a chance to try it. Thanks for reading. Have a great day!