Today is one of those days that it is hard to get everything done. I worked this morning, taught my kiddos their lessons, did my workout, fed the family, and now I have to go to work again till 10 pm tonight.
For those of you on you fitness journey please know that just waking up and dragging yourself from your comfortable warm bed, on those days when it is hard to do. That discipline that you have shown in that minute is a win. That is a force of will power you used, that discipline to just get out of bed is a victory. That can carry you through the rest of the day to make the decision to do your workout, then the rest of the week. Making the decision to go do your workout is a victory, celebrate the fact that you decided to go and work on improving your cardio, strength, flexibility, or anything. It is so easy to say no, I don’t have time, or I don’t have energy. What is harder is to stick to the your routine, and have the discipline to go out there and get it.
Here is the workout I did today, and I will do this for Wednesday and Friday. I have Muay Thai and Kali Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
48 minutes, A 15 minute HIIT Run and 33 minute Weight Lifting workout.
(30 second rest between sets, and 1.5 minute rest between exercises)
- 15 minute HIIT run (2 minute warm up. 10 minute Run at fastest pace, 1 min active recovery run, lather rinse and repeat, then 3 minute cool down jog)
- Squat Thruster with two 20 lb dumbbells, reps 12, 10, 8
- Reverse Lunge with bicep curl with two 20 lb dumbbells, reps 12, 10, 8 (1 lunge each side equils one rep)
- Overhead Tricep Extension 30lb dumbbell, reps 12, 10, 8
- Lat Cable Pull Down 70 lb, reps 10, 8, 6
- Standing Cable Tricep Push Down 40 lb, 10, 8, 6
- Dead Bug Core, a.k.a. Alternating V UP, 3 sets of as many for 30 seconds. I was able to do about 18 per 30 seconds.
My arms are noodles today after this workout. Get out there and show the world what you got. Making a good decision instead of one that is easier is a victory, and that discipline will help you through out your life.
Enough of my rambling. Thank you for reading. Let me know if you have any questions.