This is the weight lifting workout I will be doing for this week. As always modify to your abilities. The weights I put in are for my reference so I can keep track of my progress
If you made a new years resolution and are having a hard time keeping it up. Be kind to yourself. I don’t think resolutions are the best way to go about this. This is a journey and you are going to be on it for the rest of your life. Pick up and keep going. Even if you hit a bump. I have been talking to my friends and they feel guilty that they stopped something they started for two weeks. Guilt may just make you pause to inaction. That is not positive forward movement. Don’t let one misstep derail your life change.
| The Ultimate Full-Body Workout | (I got most of the workout from Bodybuilding.com)
Warm-Up: Perform 1 Round
- 10 minutes on the elliptical
- Dumbbell Halo: 10 reps in both directions
- Standing Dumbbell Reverse Fly: 10 reps
- Standing Dumbbell Scap Raise: 10 reps
- Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift: 10 reps
- Dumbbell Goblet Squat: 10 reps
- Planks for 30 seconds
Complex 1: Perform 5 rounds, resting 60-90 sec. between rounds
- Dumbbell Clean: 3 reps 20 lbs each arm
- Dumbbell Push Press: 3 reps 25 lbs each arm
- Dumbbell Front Squat: 3 reps 20 lbs each arm
Complex 2: Perform 4 rounds, resting 60 sec. between rounds
- Dumbbell Crush Press from Floor: 10 reps per leg 50 lbs
- Bent-Over Row: 10 reps 3 25 lbs per arm
- Reverse Lunge: 10 reps per leg 25 lbs per arm
Complex 3: Perform all movements with right arm, then left arm, resting 60 sec. between.
- Single-Arm Dumbbell Snatch: 10 reps 20 lbs
- Single-Arm Dumbbell Farmer’s Carry: 100 feet 40 lbs
- Sit ups 10 reps
- Renegade Row: 10 reps 25 lbs
Keep up the good work. If you had a hiccup keep be kind to yourself and keep going. Remember its a journey not a race. But you can’t make any progress unless you keep trying.
Again if you have made it this far, thank you for reading. Talk to me, let me know if you have any questions.