We just got home from Muay Thai practice and Kali, and I can tell you no other sport, or physical activity can melt my brain faster than Kali.
I sit here after class trying to type up what I wanted to, and I have a combination of tired body, and exhausted mind.
So, we worked on sparing in Muay Thai, where we were learning some of the entries that we could use to get into the “box” and be able to get our hits in on our opponents. You will get hit in the face and other parts of the body. This is not negotiable. It happens, and it teaches you to get your hands up and block, parry, or move (slip/bob and weave). I got hit twice in the face today. It was not hard, and I am totally ok. But that makes your body and head tired.
Now after Muay Thai we did Kali. Kali ask you to use both your right and left brain at the same time. It asks you to use your right and left hands at the same time. It is both an art and a… I was going to say science, and while there is science, to it… it’s more of an art and a deadly dance. A DANGER DANCE!
Anyway, I am rambling on. For today I did a 30-minute warmup/workout before Muay Thai.
- 1 minute stretching
- 200 kicks over a foam roller
- 100 # 3 knees, which are the side in knees
- Then 10 minutes of ladder work to work on foot work and getting faster in my transitions.
One hour of Muay Thai:
- We shadowboxed/jumped rope to warm up
- We worked on parry jab, while coming in with a jab entry, then getting out of the box.
- We worked on outside parry where I slip under the jab and hit a jab into the midsection of my opponent.
- We worked on the boxing 20.
- We worked on using the entries to get into the box, then a upper cut, hook, and cross, bob and weave to get out
- We then worked on sparing and using what we know and have learned to avoid getting hit.
I can tell you I got hit a couple of times, but I am getting more used to it.
1 hour of Kali:
- We started with heaven figure 8s then earth figure 8s
- We then worked on Running Saint Gabriel, the right side first
- We worked on the Running Saint Gabriel right then left
- Finally we worked on the heaven box.
I am tired and should go to bed. Its 11:39 pm right and I have to be up at 5:30am tomorrow. This is a bit of a rambling post, but this is what I do on Tuesdays and Thursdays. =) If you like hearing about what I am for my workouts let me know. I am still figuring out how often to put out content to my blog.
Also see below, me practicing the Running Saint Gabriel. This is about the 30th time worked through it. I did it about 30 more times till the end of class after this.