Have you ever seen those girls go to the gym wearing make up and leaving looking great still? I have… and I got to conduct an experiment today to see how much my face will melt. I accidentally forgot to take off my full face of make up before going to the gym today. So I got a chance to see if and how well my make up stood up against the onslaught of my workout today.
Let me get into my actual workout first, then we can get on to the silly stuff. Ok for this workout this week. I did a 46 minute workout. 20 minutes of HIIT Run, and 26 minute of weight lifting. I did the weight lifting workout in a super set.
Super sets are two exercises done back to back with out a rest between them. Usually using differing muscles but not always. So you do a set of lunges for example and then you do a set of push ups. You take a small break between the two groups of exercises then do a your next set of lunges and then push ups right away. The reason for doing this is it is a good way to train in Hypertrophy.
Hypertrophy is where you make your muscles fatigued and make them active rest like you do in a HIIT workout. Suffice to say you put your body in a position to build more faster. There is plenty to read on it, but you get the gist. Knowledge is power and, reading up on this will only help you get better.
I will be doing this workout Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I will be doing Muay Thai and Kali Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
Workout for 3/18/2019:
- HIIT run 20 minutes. 3 minute warm up, 10 minute HIIT, (sprint 1 minute, run (active rest) 1 minute), then 3 minute run, and 4 minute cool down
- Superset of weight lifting workout each two exercises were done together one after the other with rest only after both sets of exercises are done.
- Reverse Lunge and curl 12 lbs each hand reps 12, 10, 8
- Squat and Press 20 lbs each hand reps 12, 10, 8
- Tripod tricep row 30 lbs reps 10, 10, 14
- Hip thrustors 30 lbs reps 12, 14, 16
- Lat cable pull downs 70 lbs 10, 10, 8
- Alternating pike ups 30 seconds for three reps
Let me just say I am so amazed at how well my make up stayed on. I really thought I was going to look like a melted clown.
However as you can see my make up stayed on. Yay!
Both these were before my workout. So clearly on and not a problem.
This was after my HIIT run, and clearly I was sweating. But it stayed on.
This is after my complete workout. I have survived and I did not melt. Wow!
I used Urban Decay eye shadow primer, and eye shadow, and I have Bennifits Hello Happy foundation on. I am amazed and it all stayed on.
Thanks for reading, and have a great night. I am off to work.