This week I am cooking for 200 people, setting up, and breaking down. Today was the first day. I also teach kids about food, and where the food is coming from for about 4 hours. I worked 8 hours, and am exhausted.
The pictures are some of the things I made today. Pico De Gallo, and a flank steak with chimicurri sauce.
Flank Steak with Chimichurri sauce
Yield 4 people
- ¼ cup parsley
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a blender add parsley, garlic, oregano, red pepper, and vinegar, pulse till just chopped, drissle in olive oil. Make ahead 2 days, Marinate steak over night
- 1 ½ lbs of flank steak – 6 lbs
Pico De Gallo
Yield 4 big bowls
- 20 fresh tomatoes diced
- 10 onions diced
- 4 jalapenos diced
- 4 avocados diced
- 3 limes
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all produce, place in a bowl, squeeze lime, and add salt and pepper to taste
I thought about going to the gym and running, but I am tired and my body is saying rest. I have 3 more days of organizing, cooking, serving, and teaching.
This post is to say. No workout today, I will have Muay Thai and Kali for Tuesday and Thursday.
On a positive note. I got 14,000 steps in an 6 miles. =)
I will be back to my regularly scheduled program next week. Thanks for reading. Have a great day, be kind to yourself, and love everyone.