So today I made pancakes. Well I made two types of pancakes. Ones for my kiddos. I will link to the recipe that I use for pancakes. Pancakes I make for my kiddos.
Then I made a protein packed pancake that does not have added sugar, till I added a little bit of local honey.
These were so good. Usually protein pancakes tend to be a little dense and these look like they will be but they are not. Pssstt… the secret is the baking powder.
I ground up rolled oats in my blender to make my own oatmeal flour.
The only sugars in this are natural sugars. Yay for whole foods.
Recipe: Wholesome Whole Food Pancake with Berries
(yields 2.5 servings, or about 2 pancakes per person)
- 2 bananas smashed
- 1.5 cups of rolled oats, that you blend in your blender to make a flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- Berries that you like, or other fruit
- Honey to taste
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 cup or 140 grams of berries
- Grind up the the oats, pour into a big bowl, add salt and baking powder.
- On the side of the bowl smash the two peeled bananas till they are are about 95% smashed.
- Add two eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix it all together.
- In a hot pan, use a pan spray, and add some batter to the pan. You will have to spread this out on your own. It will be thick and want to stay in one clump. The more you spread out, the faster it will cook. Cook till the inside of the pancake is just finished.
- Cut up and wash fruit you want to add to your pancakes.
- Stack some pancakes, add fruit, and drizzle with honey.
Calories/Stats: This is for one serving with the mixed berries added, but not the honey
Calories 363, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 8.7 g, Carbs 63.5 g, Salt 275.3 mg, Protein 11.6 g
If you have read this far, thanks for reading. I hope you have a fantastic week, and keep up making good changes for you and your family.