One of my favorite things is coconut sticky rice. It is a wonderful dish most of the time a dessert from Thailand. However, today I wanted it for lunch.
I am an adult I can do what I want. Hussshhh! So dessert for lunch is what it was today.
I made this in a quicker easier way, not the traditional way it is made in Thailand, or at your local Thai restaurant. This is a quicker, more loose dish, much more like a rice pudding.
This recipe is gluten free, nut free (coconuts are not nuts, technically its a drupe, or stone fruit), and vegan.
This is my simplified quicker version of this dish. There is a more authentic way to make this but this took me 20 to 30 minutes including rice cooking time.
Coconut Sticky Rice with Mango, Kiwi, and Pineapple
yield: 1 serving
time: 20 -30 minutes including cooking time for rice
- 240 g or about 8 oz Cooked sticky rice
- 80 g or 1/3 cup coconut milk canned
- 16 g or 1 tbs of honey
- 1 whole or 171 g mango
- 1 whole or 66 g kiwi
- 117 g or 1 cup of pineapple
- pinch of salt to taste
- Desiccated coconut for garnish
- Cook rice to instructions
- Dice the mango, kiwi, and pineapple.
- Mix the rice with coconut milk and honey. Add diced fruit on top, top with desiccated coconut.
Stats for the recipe as written:
Calories 644, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 8.7 g, Carbs 117.5 g, Sodium 30.7 mg,
Protein 8.7 g
For the shrimp its really simple. No I mean really simple and really good.
Yeild: 1 serving
Time: 5 minutes
- 6 Shrimp with tail on
- 1 tsp olive oil or butter
- Sprinkle cayenne (to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Green onion
- Heat up the pan and add fat for
- Cook shrimp about 3 minutes total, 1 minute on one side and flip.
- Sprinkle with cayenne, and salt
- Serve sprinkle on green onion.
Stats for the recipe
Calories 111, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 0 g, Carbs 1 g, Sodium 535 mg, protein 13 g
That is all… I hope you get a chance to try it. Perhaps be a little crazy like me and have dessert for lunch. Or just have it for dessert. =) Thank you for reading and have a great day!