1 hour work out, 20 minute run with 40 minute weight lifting set. I still have some congestion from my cold so instead of doing a HIIT run. I decided just do a regular steady paced run.
I normally like to do HIIT run on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but thought my lungs would be better off not doing that today. Listening to your body is important. Also of note…Not letting your brain tell you that you are going to lose progress because you skipped a HIIT run is also important. =) Small victories are good to celebrate.
Workout: 1 hour (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)
20 minute steady pace run
- Bent Leg Crunch – works upper abs – reps 15, 15, 15
- Reverse Crunch – works lower abs – reps 12, 12, 12
- V ups – works 6 pack area – reps 15, 12, 12
- Russian Twist – 10 lb weight words lateral abs – 30, 30, 30
- Hand walk plank with knee to elbow – works all core – 20
- Seated dumbbell press – 20 lbs works shoulder – reps 12, 12, 12
- Rear Delt Cable cross body pull – 10 lbs works shoulder delts – reps 10, 10, 10
- Round the world dumbbell – 10 lbs works shoulder – reps 15, 15, 15
- Front raises, and side raises – 7.5 lbs works shoulder – reps 12, 12, 12
So I got it done. I got dinner made. I need to head to work. Today I focused on core and shoulders. I tend to do a lot of glute and leg work. So switching up the routine a little.
Hope you have a great week. Thanks for reading.