I prepped only three lunches this week for myself, because I knew I would have time to make food for myself at lunch time on Tuesday and Thursday. I wanted to make one of my favorite meals.
It has 10.9 grams of protein in it and is so flavorful. It is made of whole foods except the soy sauce. That can be left out if you wish, and substituted with just a pinch of salt. Not only is this super tasty but is so pretty to look at.
This is quick and healthy fast food. =) You don’t need a culinary degree to make this, just a pan, and a few minutes.
One of the rules in culinary school you learn is that you eat with your eyes first, then your nose, and you mouth. What that means is if the meal looks appealing to you, you will enjoy it much more. Just take a look at those garish colored foods. They do not automatically make you think mmm I want to tuck into that.
Anyway, here is what I made, the recipe and the stats for food:
Fried Egg on an Avocado half, and tomato cucumber salad
Yield: 1 serving (to scale up just multiply by the amount of people you have)
- 201 g heirloom cherry tomatoes sliced in half ( I used approximately 10 tomatoes
- 155 g cucumber, chopped into bite size pieces ( I used approximately half of an English cucumber.)
- 9 g of green onion chopped (I used one whole green onion, green and white parts)
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce (alternately you can use a pinch of salt)
- 1/4 tsp of Olive oil (I used an EVVO that had garlic in it as well)
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- Lemon Zest to taste
- I large egg fried
- 1/2 tsp veggie oil
- Cut avocado in half, and score avocado, and sprinkle with sea salt if you wish
- Cook egg, with a 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil
- Cut heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers, and onion, add to a bowl.
- In another bowl assemble, the balsamic vinegar, soy, olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss
- Plate and then enjoy
Caloric Stats for this meal:
306 calories, 21.7g fat, 10g fiber, 19.6g carbs, 213.7mg sodium, 10.9g protien
I hope you get a chance to enjoy this recipe. I have also alternately just made the salad and had a boiled egg with it or, eaten two avocado halves with two fried eggs on it. Change it and make it yours. Enjoy and keep eating well. Let me know what you think.
- Acidulate the other half of the avocado, and put it in a ziplock bag. You can use it the next day or later for a snack and the acid will keep it from turning brown.
- Score your avocado before placing egg on it. This will make it easier to eat if it is just under ripe.
- This meal was only 300 calories and it did not meet my protein requirements for this meal so I added another egg. As with any recipe alter it as you need for your body.